Hey everyone!! I have a very exciting post for Y’all today!! 😀
Recently Gaby and I had the amazing privilege to interview one of our favorite bands via email!!!
The amazing…Willow City. YES! 🎉🎉
If you don’t know who they are, you are missing out! They are an amazing band, and they are siblings!!
Check out their Instagram here.
Here is part of their About page:
We grew up strumming guitars and banging on pianos. At six, each of us began classical training in piano and joined a local children’s choir. Fast forward a decade or so, and Beecher and Ezra were jamming to Celtic tunes with a couple buddies. It was a fun hobby, plain and simple. And then the phone rang.
After being asked to perform at a Relay For Life fundraiser, the guys asked Liza and Asa to perform with them (they sang harmony and played the spoons, respectively). That started the ball rolling, and the phone kept ringing.
After touring around Texas and the United States performing bluegrass and folk music, we knew exactly what we wanted our debut album as Willow City to sound like: an infusion of roots music with pop-driven beats, combined with lyrics that were meaningful and fun at the same time.
We’ve now had the opportunity to perform with artists such as Asleep At The Wheel, The Casey Donahew Band, Ellie Holcomb, Hollyn, and Josh Wilson.
Gaby and I each asked them a few questions, then we asked each other a few music-related questions as well! To see what Gaby asked Willow City, and what questions she asked me, check out her blog after you read this!
- Beecher, Are yall planning on having any concerts in Colorado any time soon? 🙂
- “Nothing is planned at the moment, but we’re always up for a quick tour up to CO! We love it there.” -Beecher
- Liza, What is your favorite thing to paint?
- “Floral designs are my go to when I sit down to paint. There are so many different styles that can be created, so it’s fun to experiment with different designs!” -Liza
- Ezra, What is your favorite instrument to play?
- “Guitar is by far my favorite! No matter what kind of music you’re playing, a guitar can always do the trick!” -Ezra
- Asa, Besides fishing and music, what do you like to do in your free time?
- “I’m a fan of reading, wood-working, and being outdoors!” -Asa
- For you all, are you planning to do a Christmas album anytime? And any big tours coming up in 2019?
- “We would love to do a Christmas album at some point, but we don’t have a set plan for when! We’ll mostly be sticking around Texas for 2019 and we have some really exciting and fun things coming this year!!” -Willow City
One of their songs
The questions I asked Gaby:
- Besides Willow City, what is one of your other favorite bands? I really like Ben Rector, Anna Clendening, NEEDTOBREATHE, and PRETTYMUCH right now.
- What is your favorite genre of music? I can’t pick one. I really enjoy Christian contemporary, pop, and film scores.
- How did you come across Willow City? I discovered Willow City from your Song of the Week post a few months back. After listening to Faces, I was hooked 😉
- How much music do you listen to daily? A lot, I usually have music on except when I’m in class or talking to someone. I listen when I’m studying as well as when I just chill.
- What is your favorite song from your childhood? I can’t remember a specific song but I really enjoyed listening when my parents put Blossom Dearie or Michael McDonald on.
- What is your favorite song by Willow City? I really like Hometown Sign and their cover of Ben Rector’s Brand New.
I want to give a HUGE thanks to Beecher, Liza, Ezra, and Asa for allowing Gaby and I to interview them!!! It was soo awesome and still unreal! 🙂
Now that you have finished reading this post, make sure to head over to Gaby’s blog to see her part of this awesome collab!! Also, don’t forget to check out Willow City’s YouTube.